Funding to reduce the widening inequality facing sport and physical activity due to the COVID pandemic
Please note Together Fund is closed for applications.
Together Fund (formerly the Tackling Inequality Fund- TIF) was initiated in April 2020 to reduce the widening inequality facing sport and physical activity due to the Covid pandemic. Launched by Sport England and working with national and regional partners including Herts Sport & Physical Activity Partnership, it aims to reach local groups in our communities that are facing the most adversity.
The aim of Together Fund in Hertfordshire is to reach priority groups that are in our Active Local areas, from culturally diverse communities or people with a disability across Hertfordshire. During the initial phases, it supported the immediate need of groups struggling to survive due to the pressures of the pandemic. As sport and physical activity have returned, the aim is for growth and recovery in these organisations to expand and sustain opportunities for those most at risk of not being active. Therefore, the current remit of Together Fund is:
- Supporting community organisations to reach and engage their audience in movement/physical activity.
- Increasing focus on supporting organisations to recover and grow in this period whilst acknowledging in some instances there will still need to be some support for immediate hardship.
Please note we cannot fund curricular time activities but can support before school, lunchtime or after-school activities.
Together Fund has been split across the priority audiences for Hertfordshire to ensure we target investment into areas and communities of most need:
- Active Local areas – delivering in the area or supporting people from these areas.
- Culturally diverse communities – this can be across Hertfordshire and is not restricted to only Active Local areas.
- Disability – this can be across Hertfordshire and is not restricted to only Active Local areas.
We are encouraging applicants to consider all suitable priority audiences. These are vitally important groups that need inclusion within our communities. This could include specific projects for these people or thinking about adapting projects to allow integrated activity with multiple groups:
- Lower socio-economic groups (Active Local Areas)
- Culturally diverse communities
- People with a disability
- People with a long-term health condition
To view further funding opportunities, see our Funding pages.
- Active Environments
- Active Lives
- Active Local
- Club Advocate Group
- Coach Education Week
- Disability Sport Organisations in Hertfordshire
- East of England Mind Sport & Physical Activity Network
- Fit, Fed & Read
- Herts Mini Movers
- junior parkrun
- Live Longer Better in Hertfordshire
- Live Longer Better in Hertfordshire Champions
- Long COVID and Physical Activity
- Moving More Activity Finder
- Opening Schools Facilities
- Opportunities Fund
- Park Play
- Supporting Sustainable Sport in Hertfordshire
- The Daily Mile
- Together Fund
- We Are Undefeatable in Herts
Get in touch…
For further details about Together Fund please contact Chris Samways: firstname.lastname@example.org