Fit, Fed & Read
HSP Holiday Camps delivered across Hertfordshire
What is Fit, Fed & Read?
Fit, Fed & Read Holiday Camps run across Hertfordshire!
During our Fit, Fed & Read Camps, children and young people experience the perfect blend of activities to keep them active and entertained during the holidays. Our camps provide high-quality sport, entertaining enrichment activities, as well as a nutritious hot meal.
Funded by the Big Lottery and the Department for Education’s Holiday Activities and Food programme, our camps run during every school holiday throughout the year (excluding Christmas).
What happens at a Fit, Fed & Read Camp?
From 10 am until 3 pm, the days look like this:
- Two and a half hours of physical activity
- One and a half hours of fun education
- A two-course nutritious hot lunch, provided by school meal specialist Herts Catering Limited
During our camps, we have visits from Herts Fire and Rescue, Hertfordshire Constabulary and the Hertfordshire Libraries who each deliver exciting activities on what they do.
|Venue for Summer 2023
|Four Swannes Primary School
|Lime Walk Primary School
|The Sele School
|Garden City Academy (Letchworth)
|Mandeville Primary School
|Bedwell Primary School
|Greenfields Primary School
|Ascot Road Community Free School
|Peartree Primary School
Who is eligible to attend?
Children eligible to attend Fit Fed & Read camps are:
- Aged between 8-11 years
- Eligible for free school meals
- Referred via a professional service (i.e. Families First, school, family support worker)
To book a Fit, Fed & Read Camp, visit our booking page
- Active Environments
- Active Lives
- Active Local
- Club Advocate Group
- Club Development
- Coach Education Week
- Disability Sport Organisations in Hertfordshire
- East of England Mind Sport & Physical Activity Network
- Fit, Fed & Read
- Herts Mini Movers
- junior parkrun
- Live Longer Better in Hertfordshire
- Live Longer Better in Hertfordshire Champions
- Long COVID and Physical Activity
- Moving More Activity Finder
- Opening Schools Facilities
- Opportunities Fund
- Park Play
- Supporting Sustainable Sport in Hertfordshire
- The Daily Mile
- Together Fund
- We Are Undefeatable in Herts
Get in touch…
For further details on the Fit, Fed and Read Programme please contact Maeve Cowley: email@example.com