We Are Undefeatable in Herts
Supporting people with long-term health conditions
"We Are Undefeatable" is a national movement supporting people with a range of long-term health conditions, developed by 15 leading health and social care charities and backed by expertise, insight and significant National Lottery funding from Sport England. The movement’s purpose is to support and encourage finding ways to be active that work for you and your health condition.
The campaign brings together partners who reach people living with: Arthritis, some long-term limiting mobility conditions, Alzheimer’s, Asthma, Back pain, Cancer, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease/Lung Condition, Dementia, Heart Disease, Stroke, hypertension (or other heart-related condition), Long-term depression or anxiety, MS, Parkinson’s, Type 1 Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes.
We Are Undefeatable in Hertfordshire
We Are Undefeatable in Hertfordshire is the local activation of the national movement led by the Herts Sports and Physical Activity Partnership (HSP). The local movement seeks to achieve all of the same outcomes as the national campaign but with a specific focus on upskilling local workforces to improve the inclusivity of physical activity opportunities for those living with long-term health conditions. It does this by:
- Raising awareness of the benefits and challenges associated with being physically active with long-term health conditions
- Providing learning and upskilling opportunities to the local workforce to improve knowledge and practice
- Creating meaningful local connections to the 15 health and wellbeing charities associated to the national movement either through the national We Are Undefeatable movement, or directly.
- Where possible, providing resources to develop new inclusive physical activity opportunities as required.
We Are Undefeatable in Hertfordshire was launched on March 10th, 2023, with a virtual conference containing seven webinars. You can see the recordings of these below.
The Herts Sports & Physical Activity Partnership (HSP) are currently working on creating the first series of learning and upskill opportunities within the local offer, if you have any suggestions of what should be involved in this programme please contact email@example.com
Supporting the We Are Undefeatable Campaign
If you are from an organisation that would like to support the national movement. Register to access supporting resources.
If you have any questions for the campaign team or would like support with activating the campaign within your organisation, then please contact the We Are Undefeatable team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
National We Are Undefeatable Resources
The national We Are Undefeatable website is packed full of fantastic resources to help those living with long-term health conditions to be more active.
There are helpful areas covering:
- Details of the national movement
- Ways to Move
- Getting Started
- Their stories
- Their Community
- Move to your Mood
The 2022 We Are Undefeatable TV advert can be viewed on YouTube at the We Are Undefeatable YouTube channel.
We Are Undefeatable Charity Partners
Each of the We Are Undefeatable national partners contributes their own specialist knowledge and resources to the movement, you can see each of them by following the links below:
- Asthma + Lung UK
- Breast Cancer Now
- Alzheimer’s Society
- Age UK
- British Red Cross
- British Heart Foundation
- Versus Arthritis
- Rethink Mental Illness
- Macmillan Cancer Support
- Royal Voluntary Service
- Stroke Association
- Parkinson’s UK
- MS Society
- Diabetes UK
- The National Lottery
Physical activity & long-term health conditions resource packs
Alongside We Are Undefeatable, the Richmond Group of Charities have developed a series of Physical Activity and Long-Term Health Conditions Resource Packs aimed at the sport and physical activity sector, health and care organisations and the health and care workforce.
The aims of the packs and their supplementing resources are to:
- encourage health and care professionals with long-term health conditions to be active.
- help ensure consistent, person-centred conversations about physical activity are a routine part of health and care interactions.
- see supportive, inclusive and accessible physical activity opportunities and facilities prioritised by the sport, leisure and physical activity sector.
Do you have an idea of how we can help you improve the inclusivity of local physical activity opportunities?
The Herts Sport and Physical Activity Partnership hold limited resources to provide training opportunities for the local workforce. If you have a suggestion of how this resource could be utilised please contact email@example.com
- Active Environments
- Active Lives
- Active Local
- Club Advocate Group
- Coach Education Week
- Disability Sport Organisations in Hertfordshire
- East of England Mind Sport & Physical Activity Network
- Fit, Fed & Read
- Herts Mini Movers
- junior parkrun
- Live Longer Better in Hertfordshire
- Live Longer Better in Hertfordshire Champions
- Long COVID and Physical Activity
- Moving More Activity Finder
- Opening Schools Facilities
- Opportunities Fund
- Park Play
- Supporting Sustainable Sport in Hertfordshire
- The Daily Mile
- Together Fund
- We Are Undefeatable in Herts
Get in touch…
For further details on the We Are Undefeatable movement please contact Charlotte Bird: firstname.lastname@example.org