A free, fun and friendly weekly event for children and young people aged 4-14 year old
What is parkrun?
parkrun events are free, timed physical activity events that happen locally every weekend. Participants can walk, jog or run, and they are open to all ages (from 4) and all abilities. Children under the age of eleven years must be accompanied by an adult.
There are fourteen junior parkrun events (2k) that take place at 9am on Sunday mornings. Check out which parkrun is nearest to you.
- Ashlyns junior parkrun
- Beehive junior parkrun
- Cassiobury junior parkrun
- Cheshunt junior parkrun
- Furzefield Leisure Centre junior parkrun
- Gadebridge Park junior parkrun
- Grange Paddocks junior parkrun
- Hertford junior parkrun
- King George junior parkrun
- King GeorgeV Playing Field junior parkrun, Mill End (Rickmansworth)
- Leavesden junior parkrun
- Norton Common junior parkrun (Letchworth)
- Pinehill junior parkrun
- Stevenage junior parkrun
- Verulamium junior parkrun
The Herts Sport & Physical Activity Partnership is fully supportive of the parkrun practice initiative, which is a collaboration between the Royal College of General Practitioners and parkrun UK. To find out more information about the initiative please visit the the parkrun blog.
parkrun has events for older children and adults too! To find your nearest parkrun for adults, visit the parkrun website.
parkrun is organised by volunteers and is always delighted to hear from people who would like to get involved; how little or often is entirely up to you – there’s no ongoing commitment.
To learn more about volunteering at parkrun, visit the parkrun Volunteer Hub.
- Active Environments
- Active Lives
- Active Local
- Club Advocate Group
- Coach Education Week
- Disability Sport Organisations in Hertfordshire
- East of England Mind Sport & Physical Activity Network
- Fit, Fed & Read
- Herts Mini Movers
- junior parkrun
- Live Longer Better in Hertfordshire
- Live Longer Better in Hertfordshire Champions
- Long COVID and Physical Activity
- Moving More Activity Finder
- Opening Schools Facilities
- Opportunities Fund
- Park Play
- Supporting Sustainable Sport in Hertfordshire
- The Daily Mile
- Together Fund
- We Are Undefeatable in Herts
Get in touch…
For further details about parkrun in Hertfordshire please contact Alex Varran: firstname.lastname@example.org