Fit, Fed & Read
Easter 2021 referrals are now open!
About the project
“A high-quality holiday activity programme ‐ including support with literacy ‐ in Hertfordshire’s most disadvantaged neighbourhoods, with a nutritious meal every day, free of charge.”
Fit Fed & Read school holiday activity programmes operate across Hertfordshire during the school Easter and summer holidays.
Each four-hour day consists of:
- Two hours of physical activity
- One hour of fun education
- One hour of two-course nutritious cooked lunch
Participant entry criteria:
- Aged between 8-11 years
- Eligible for free school meals
- Games based physical activity
- Healthy Eating and Nutrition (games based) (Hertfordshire Catering Ltd)
- Creative Literacy (Hertfordshire Libraries)
- Fire and Community Safety (Hertfordshire Fire & Rescue Service)
- Two-course nutritious hot lunch (Hertfordshire Catering Ltd)
There has been extensive evaluation of the programme delivery and the impact that it can have for the participants and their families.
Please click here for the Fit, Fed & Read Evaluation for the 2020 Delivery .