Reporting a Concern
If you have cause for concern regarding Safeguarding and Protecting Children or Adults at Risk, please follow the steps below:
- React calmly and avoid emotional attachment
- Take the person who contacted you seriously and keep an open mind
- Listen to all information carefully
- Do not promise confidentiality
- Make a written record: date, time, place, etc.
Contacts for child cases
Children’s Services: 0300 123 4043 (including out of hours)
Police (JCPIT): 01707 354000 (or in an emergency call 999)
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
Contacts for adult cases
Adult Social Care: 0300 123 4042 (24 hours a day)
Ann Craft Trust: 0808 800 5000
Action on Elder Abuse: 0808 8088141 (UK Helpline)
Immediately report the matter to the designated Safeguarding Lead, or the deputy in your club.
Here you will find two documents that demonstrate how you should go about reporting a concern and filling out the form.
For further information, please visit the the Child Protection in Sport Unit website.
Herts Sports Partnership Safeguarding Officers
T: 01707 284824