Exciting Job Opportunity - Two Active Local Project Officers
We have two exciting job opportunities in the Herts Sport & Physical Activity Partnership (HSP) team.
Are you passionate about the transformative power of sport and physical activity to drive positive social change? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team dedicated to making a difference in the community? The Herts Sport & Physical Activity Partnership (HSP) has opened up two incredible opportunities in line with Sport England's innovative "Uniting the Movement" strategy.
Project Officer: Uniting for Positive Change
The HSP team is excited to announce two Project Officer roles, created directly from Sport England's groundbreaking strategy, "Uniting the Movement." As Project Officer, you will strengthen the relationship between HSP and various agencies and stakeholders involved in health, physical activity, sport, and community development. This position aims to ensure that HSP becomes a driving force in addressing broader priorities, especially those related to health and well-being and promoting social change through sports and physical activity programmes.
- Develop strong links and partnerships with health, physical activity, sport, and community development agencies and stakeholders.
- Lead initiatives aimed at addressing health and well-being, as well as promoting social change through sport and physical activity programs.
- Manage the distribution of Sport England's Together Fund to engage and strengthen relationships with disadvantaged groups, including ethnically diverse communities in Active Local areas.
- Support the delivery of Holiday Gap programs in Active Local areas by increasing participation among young people who stand to benefit the most from physical activity.
- Contribute to key strategic projects, including School Games, Children and Young People (CYP) Active Lives Survey, Fit, Fed & Read, Box Cleva, parkrun, and Daily Mile, ensuring alignment with HSP's overall objectives.
- Assist in the roll-out of HSP's initiatives related to Active Environments, focusing on the local planning system, active travel, sustainability, and climate action within Active Local areas.
- Build trust within the local community, ensuring that the voices of local residents are heard and considered in decision-making processes.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed to support HSP's broader operations.
These roles offer a unique opportunity to make a meaningful impact by using the power of sports and physical activity to create positive change in the community. We encourage you to apply if you are enthusiastic, driven, and committed to making a difference.
Please see the PDFs below to learn more and apply for these positions, or for an informal conversation about the roles, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 08/11/2023
Herts Sports & Physical Activity Partnership is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.Active Local Project Officer
Sign up for our General Newsletter...
Receive the latest updates to your inbox.
Sign up for our Quarterly Funding Newsletter…
Receive the latest funding opportunities to your inbox.
Our Funding Newsletter keeps you up to date with all the latest news and funding pots available.
Get in touch…
If you have a generic question please email the Herts Sport & Physical Activity Partnership team: email@example.com