Exciting Job Opportunity - Children and Young People Project Officer
We have an exciting job opportunity in the Herts Sport & Physical Activity Partnership (HSP) team.
Do you have a passion for utilising the power of sports and physical activity to drive positive social change? If so, Herts Sport & Physical Activity Partnership (HSP) has an exciting opportunity that might be perfect for you. We are thrilled to announce the opening for a new Project Officer within our Children and Young People's team. This role is integral to our mission to create a lasting impact in our community by empowering the younger generation through sports and physical activity programmes.
As a Project Officer at HSP, you will be responsible for a diverse set of tasks that focus on community development and engagement:
- Coordinate and Deliver the HAPpy Program: The HAPpy program is a flagship initiative with three delivery phases (Spring, Summer, and Winter). Your role will involve close collaboration with Herts County Council and our coordinating partner, Herts Community Foundation, to ensure the programme's success.
- Shape and Initiate Relationships: You will play a key role in shaping and initiating relationships with primary and secondary schools across the county. This entails understanding the unique needs of local young people and building trust within the local community.
- Work with Funding Partners: In addition to the program's coordination, you will work with potential funding partners and bodies such as Hertfordshire Community Foundation, National Lottery Community Fund, Sport England, and Hertfordshire County Council.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: You will lead and coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of existing programs within the team, ensuring their effectiveness and impact.
- Flexibility in Duties: This role will also involve taking on other related responsibilities commensurate with the role's level, including some evening and weekend work as required to support HSP's broader operations.
- Promote Equitable and Inclusive Approaches: Ensure that all projects take an equitable and inclusive approach when working with partners and stakeholders, supporting HSP's Equality standards, social inclusion, and increased participation of underrepresented groups.
To excel in this role, you will need:
- Previous experience in community development, community engagement work, partnership work, and coordinating and facilitating community projects and events.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and digital engagement tools, including social media platforms.
- A practical understanding of Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion issues in sports and physical activity.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- The ability to create strong working relationships with a range of partners and stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Creative problem-solving skills and flexibility in your approach to work, including the ability to work some unsocial hours.
- A satisfactory DBS check.
You should have a minimum of a degree (or equivalent) OR equivalent proven professional experience.
Application Deadline and Contacts:
The closing date for applications is 6 November 2023. For inquiries and further information, please get in touch with Matt Rayner at 01707 284229 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for our General Newsletter...
Receive the latest updates to your inbox.
Sign up for our Quarterly Funding Newsletter…
Receive the latest funding opportunities to your inbox.
Our Funding Newsletter keeps you up to date with all the latest news and funding pots available.
Get in touch…
If you have a generic question please email the Herts Sport & Physical Activity Partnership team: email@example.com