The Herts Sports Partnership recognise that local sports clubs, through the efforts of their huge voluntary workforce, play a crucial part in making people in Hertfordshire more physically active and healthy while making communities better and safer places to live and work, and we continue to work hard to support them.
We estimate that there are at least 2,500 sports clubs in Hertfordshire and approximately 100,000 sports volunteers, which represents 12% of the adult population. We have taken the opinions of our clubs, their National Governing Bodies of Sport and Hertfordshire local authorities and have developed a club support offer that meets their needs.
To hear from us via our Club Newsletter, please sign-up by clicking the link below or see our most recent edition.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Support
We have outlined the current support available to help you at this current time and looking forward. See below for key documents and tools to support you in returning to activity.
Club Webinar Series
Over the past months we have been hosting a series of club support webinars on a Thursday. The Webinars cover topics to support you through current times and support you to prepare for getting back in to “normal” delivery.
Clearly this is quite a worrying time for clubs and organisations who are having to pause their activity for an unknown period of time. Club Matters is currently working hard to bring some new resources to support you and clubs during this time. We are also planning to increase our communications and provide as much support as we can.
New resources that will be hosted on a new Coronavirus specific section of the Club Matters website include:
- Business continuity checklist.
- Securing your premises checklist.
- Financial support during the coronavirus pandemic – linking to SRA, SE and Government information.
- How to be a virtual club.
- Blogs on what clubs and organisations are doing during this time.
General Club Support
Please visit our safeguarding page which offers guidance and signposting to the following topics: Practical guidance, safeguarding & protecting children, safeguarding adults at risk, key messages for clubs & schools, parents in sport and reporting a concern.
Please visit our funding page for more information, including how our partner Funding4Sport can help.
Please visit our volunteering page for more information on how we can assist with the recruitment, training and deployment of volunteers.
We look to support clubs and organisations to recruit more participants with an emphasis on those groups that are known to have lower participation levels.
- Women and Girls: We work closely with the Sport England ‘This Girl Can’ campaign. Courses and workshops advising how to recruit more Women and Girls are run each year as part of the ‘This Girl Can in Herts’ programme.
- Disability activity: In conjunction with the Activity Alliance, the Herts Disability Sports Foundation works with sports clubs to help them recruit more members from these key audiences. Practical workshops for specific sports as well as generic courses and workshops are available to sports clubs to enhance what they offer participants with a range of disabilities.
Club Governance and Development
- Club Matters: Club Matters is Sport England’s one stop shop for sports clubs and organisations that provides free, convenient and practical resources to help develop and run sustainable sports clubs. Herts Sports Partnership have been an ardent supporter of this national club support package running Club Matters workshops on Club Structures, Developing a Club Business Plan and Developing a Marketing Strategy.
- Sport & Recreational Alliance (SRA): The SRA provide ‘8 Top Tips’ for a high standard of governance in grassroots sports clubs.
- Sported: Sported work with sports clubs to help transform the lives of disadvantaged young people and provide Mentors to help achieve this.
- Clubmark: Herts Sports Partnership are Clubmark Licensed to provide Assessors to work with sports clubs whose National Governing Bodies do not offer a sport specific version of Clubmark. Please visit our Clubmark page for more information.
Courses and workshops
Please visit our courses and workshops page for more information on upcoming sessions.
The Herts Sports Partnership help sports clubs and sporting organisations to develop their own facilities and locate additional facilities at schools across the county.
District Sport Facility reviews: Herts Sports Partnership work with Hertfordshire local authorities to help them formulate their District Sport Facility reviews. Clubs and their National Governing Bodies are encouraged to provide input to these reviews.
School facilities: Herts Sports Partnership have developed a database of all Hertfordshire secondary schools, their sports facilities and the relevant Facility Manager contacts. Please contact us for more information about this list.