Are you ready to help Hertfordshire become the most active county? Can you help to ensure the future of community sport and physical activity? Do you have what it takes to be a YOPA Champion?
2018 is the Hertfordshire ‘Year of Physical Activity’… or YOPA for short! The Herts Sports Partnership is looking to recruit 200 volunteer Champions to help support sport and physical activity across the county. You don’t have to be sporty to help out – we want everyone to get involved!
People love sport and physical activity. However, without volunteers, some groups could cease to exist. We want volunteering opportunities to be meaningful, varied and to make a difference. Consequently, your volunteering will change lives for the better and will help sustain a range of activities across Hertfordshire.
We are running a series of FREE accredited workshops to help train our Champions and equip them with the skills necessary to volunteer in their community. These 3 hour sessions will be run within each district from May onward at a variety of times. After the training, we will connect you to flexible volunteering opportunities at community clubs and groups, YOPA events, and within our own projects.
Whatever you enjoy, there is almost certainly a role out there somewhere – we’ll help you find it.
The YOPA Champions scheme will:
- Be straightforward, positive and convenient.
- Be a team of skilled and inspiring people, from all backgrounds, providing great experiences for everyone.
- Provide you with training on key skills including: behaviour management, organisation, communication skills, leadership, safeguarding, and first aid.
- Offer opportunities for further accreditation, training and qualifications.
- Improve your career opportunities and help you gain experience in areas you enjoy.
- Allow you to grow in confidence and meet amazing new people.
- Provide you with direct opportunities to see the impact of your work and give you as much flexibility and control as possible.
- Give you a voice and ensure you are recognised for your hard work – you are guaranteed a thank you.
- Earn you a free t shirt, paid expenses, and additional future incentives!
If you are aged 16 and over and want more information on how to get involved, contact Matt Hughes-Short on 01707 281204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|9 May||9am-12pm||Woodside Leisure Centre, WD25 7HH||Book|
|21 June||6pm-9pm||Woodside Leisure Centre, WD25 7HH||Book|
|6 June||6pm-9pm||Three Rivers District Council Offices, WD3 1RL||Book|
|3 May||9am-12pm||Civic Offices, Borehamwood, WD6 1WA||Book|
|16 May||6pm-9pm||Civic Offices, Borehamwood, WD6 1WA||Book|
|5 June||9am-12pm||Civic Offices, Borehamwood, WD6 1WA||Book|
|9 May||6pm-9pm||Herts FA, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 2EN||Book|
|31 May||9am-12pm||Herts FA, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 2EN||Book|
|14 June||6pm-9pm||Herts FA, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 2EN||Book|
|16 May||9am-12pm||Batchwood Sports Centre, AL3 5XA||Book|
|31 May||6pm-9pm||Batchwood Sports Centre, AL3 5XA||Book|
|3 July||6pm-9pm||Batchwood Sports Centre, AL3 5XA||Book|
|23 May||6pm-9pm||Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Offices, AL8 6AE||Book|
|7 June||6pm-9pm||Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Offices, AL8 6AE||Book|
|6 June||9.30am-12.30pm||East Herts Council, Hertford, SG13 8EQ||Book|
|12 June||9:30am-12:30pm||The Forum, Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 1DN||Book|
|28 June||6pm - 9pm||Stevenage Borough Council, Stevenage, SG1 1HN||Book|
|27 June||6pm-9pm||John Warner Sport Centre, Stanstead Road, Hoddesdon, EN11 0QG||Book|
|4 July||6pm-9pm||John Warner Sport Centre, Stanstead Road, Hoddesdon, EN11 0QG||Book|