This section will give you a step by step guide to evaluate your project, give you details on the recommended questions to ask to measure your impact, share learning from projects in and out of the county and provide guidance on how to measure the financial return on investment of your work. HSP have produced a guidance document to simplify the steps needed to evaluate sport and PA projects called the Hertfordshire Evaluation Framework which can be downloaded below.
Hertfordshire Evaluation Framework
This evaluation guide has been put together to help organisations with limited knowledge and experience of evaluation to understand the steps to take when building evaluation into project design. It has been kept as brief as possible to make it quick and easy to read.
- Hertfordshire Evaluation Framework
- Appendix A: examples of SMART aims and objectives
- Appendix B: examples of logic models
- Appendix C: outcome measures spreadsheet
- Appendix D: how to analyse results
- Appendix E: example of how to write up results
- Appendix F: example project report
- Appendix G: worked example from start to finish (steps 1 – 6)
National impact reports
The Sport England website contains national impact reports for a number of programmes such as: School Games, Satellite Clubs and the Community Sport Activation fund. To read the reports, click on the weblink below and scroll down the page to “Evaluation”.