Herts Year of Culture 2020
Hertfordshire Year of Culture 2020 (HYOC2020) is a year to showcase Hertfordshire as a county of creative and cultural opportunity.
So, whether you are an existing group already involved in culture, an individual artist, musician or dancer; a school or local group wanting to know how you can take part in a cultural activity, please do join us to celebrate, share and enjoy Hertfordshire’s cultural offer!
To find out more about HYOC2020 visit the website at www.HYOC2020.org.uk; where you can sign up to our mailing list. You can also follow the year on Twitter and Facebook to keep up to date with the campaign as it develops.
You can expect to see a high profile collaborative promotional campaign largely across social media that will bring together new partnerships and skill sharing opportunities between organisations and practitioners. Activities, special events and experiences will be taking place during 12 themed months that look to celebrate different types of art, share cultural experiences and explore our creative heritage. Months include promoting local museums and theatres, exploring the county’s culture in our towns and parks, encouraging you to try something new or get involved with volunteering.
The campaign has five broad objectives:
- Celebrate, share and explore Hertfordshire’s arts, culture and heritage
- Enable access ad participation in arts, culture and heritage for new audiences,
- Increase wellbeing and a sense of belonging through arts, culture and heritage,
- Showcase pathways to education, employment and enterprise in creative and cultural industries
- Create new partnerships and new work through skill sharing and new ways of working.
HYOC2020 is supported by all 11 Hertfordshire local authorities. The Programme Board has additional representation from the University of Hertfordshire, Visit Herts and Trestle Theatre Company.
For further information, please contact the HYOC2020 Project Co-ordinator, Liz Gore at email@example.com