Stevenage FC Foundation are seeking additional Trustees to join the Charity.
The Foundation is seeking dynamic, enthusiastic and committed Trustees who can use their skills and experience to support the charity, helping it achieve its aims.
The Foundation is a registered charity, established in 2009, which works closely with Stevenage Football Club, to deliver a variety of engagement projects to support and benefit the communities in Stevenage, Welwyn Hatfield, North and East Hertfordshire. Among the projects are nationally backed programmes including Premier League Primary Stars, Premier League Kicks, Premier League Girls, English Football League Trust +Sport Move & Learn all aimed at increasing active lifestyles in young people linked to educational attainment and youth engagement. In addition, there is an extensive amount of community based activities targeting an age range of 2-75 years of age. The Foundation has a well-established network of after-school clubs within primary schools.
The Foundation take the governance of the charity seriously and are fortunate in to have support from our six existing Board of Trustees who, in their roles, perform a number of duties including:
- defining the long-term direction of the charity, including its objectives or purpose
- implementing policies and activities to achieve objectives
- complying with legal requirements
- accountability to those with an interest or ‘stake’ in the charity
Head of Foundation, Joe Goude, outlines the purpose of bringing new trustees on board: “The Foundation’s activities have grown in the past eighteen months and the Board have been instrumental in supporting staff with this. As part of this growth, there’s been a real focus on governance practice and ensuring that we are a well-run organisation that stays true to our charitable objectives and core values. We are now seeking to appoint additional independent Trustees to take the charity forward even further and to help meet the challenges of growth.”
The Board meet eight times per year as a minimum, with additional meetings scheduled in good time when required. Meetings are generally held at The Lamex Stadium on Broadhall Way in Stevenage.
Applications are invited from people who have operated at a senior level in the public, private or voluntary sectors and who can commit up to fifteen days a year for an initial term of three years. Expertise in data protection, health and safety, safeguarding, quality assurance, health and wellbeing, fund raising and marketing would be an advantage.
Women and people from ethnic minorities are under represented on the Board and applications are welcomed from these groups particularly.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and you must not be disqualified under the Charities Act, including if you:
- have an unspent conviction for an offence involving dishonesty or deception (such as fraud).
- are bankrupt or have entered into a formal arrangement (e.g. an individual voluntary arrangement) with a creditor.
- have been removed as a company director or charity trustee because of wrongdoing.
As an appointed Trustee you would fulfill six key roles:
- Ensure the charity is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit
- Comply with the charity’s governing document and the law
- Act in the charity’s best interests at all times
- Manage the charity’s resources responsibly
- Act with reasonable care and skill
- Ensure the charity is accountable
Please note this is a voluntary position.
If you are interested and feel you can add value to the governance of the Foundation, please send your applications, detailing why you would be suitable for the position to Mr Joe Goude.
A role description for our current vacancies is available on request or from www.stevenagefcfoundation.com.