This section contains Hertfordshire specific information. It includes a wide range of data sources, district profiles and strategic documents to help you identify the need for your projects and interventions.
There is a wealth of information you can access to help you gain an insight into your local area. Some examples are: demographics, prevalence of disease, areas of deprivation, life expectancy, physical activity levels, number of children accessing free school meals, levels of excess weight, reports on child mental health and much more.
There are three key websites which contain Hertfordshire specific information. These are:
- Herts Insight website
This includes population profiles; wellbeing and health stats; economy, work and education profiles; housing and transport stats; local community profiles; and much more.
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessment website
Hertfordshire’s Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) looks at the specific health and social care needs of our local population and points out areas of inequality. It helps public bodies decide what type of local services to commission. Have a look at the website to view the reports and new needs assessments in the pipeline.
- Hertfordshire Health Evidence website
this includes data briefings and profile reports, tartan rugs, maps, dashboards, data presentations and infographics. These can be found in the ‘Local health data hub’.
We have put together a suite of factsheets on a range of topics to make the information easily accessible for you. These are listed below:
- Hertfordshire Active Lives Survey results
- Hertfordshire overweight and obesity levels in children
- Hertfordshire overweight and obesity levels in adults
- Hertfordshire deprivation
- Hertfordshire demographics
- Hertfordshire child mental health
Public Health England (PHE) produce health profiles annually for every district in England. These profiles provide a snapshot health summary which can be used to inform district priorities. The profiles for each of the districts are listed below:
- East Herts
- North Herts
- St Albans
- Three Rivers
- Welwyn Hatfield
- Hertfordshire Child Health Profile
Local sport profile tool
The local sport profile provides councils with a profile of up-to-date data for their local area covering sports participation, facilities, health, economic and demographics all in one place. Sports profiles are available for each district in the county.
Here you can download the local sport profile tool and find out more information.
County and district strategies
- Hertfordshire Public Health Strategy (2017 – 21)
- Hertfordshire Health and Wellbeing Board Strategy (2016 – 20)
- Hertfordshire Sport and Physical Activity Framework (2015)
- Herts Sports Partnership Strategic Plan (2017 – 21)
- Herts Sports Partnership Disability Sports Framework (2017 – 21)
These will be added shortly.
Active Lives survey
The Active Lives Survey is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England and replaces the Active People Survey. It is commissioned by Sport England. Results are published every 6 months. The next report is due for publication on the 22nd March 2018. For further information, click here to visit the Sport England website.