Do you need help with the food element of your HAPpy programme?
Important reminders for providing food at your HAPpy Programme
- Meals must meet school food standards
- Hot meals should be provided
- You can serve breakfast, lunch or an early evening meal
- Nutritional education must be included
- Staff must have suitable Food Hygiene Training
- All food provided must comply with Food Law and be safe to eat
- Food Businesses and premises must be properly registered by law
Partner with other local organisations
Local organisations and businesses may be keen to help you provide food for your HAPpy Programme, it is always worth asking – someone more local may be able to assist in a bespoke way e.g., providing prepared meals or leading the attendees in preparing food to eat.
Please visit our Specialist Services page for a list of providers looking to share their services. This page is constantly evolving so check back regularly for updates.
Find a local food business to partner with
You can use this helpful search tool from the Food Standards Agency to find Food Businesses near to your HAPpy Programme Venue.
Tips for getting the best search results:
- Choose ‘More search options’ to narrow down your results
- Choose a suitable business type
- Choose your District from the Local Authority options
- Use only the first part of your postcode e.g. EN8
- Enter your street name or road
The food hygiene rating reflects the standards of food hygiene found on the date of the inspection by the local authority. The food hygiene rating is not a guide to food quality.
You should discuss your HAPpy programme with the Food Business, making sure they can meet your needs and adhere to the funding guidelines before you engage their services.